Thursday, July 15, 2010

Greek Summer Festival 2010!

I had the pleasure of attending the Greek Summer Festival 2010 at St. John's

Greek Orthodox Church on Saturday, July 10.
I had such an amazing time and was able to take in the amazing Greek culture a lot of which can be seen in Ward 29, especially along the Danforth. There was wonderful music, including from special guest Yiannis Katevas, who I learned came in from Greece especially for this event. There was also great food - I enjoyed some tasty souvlaki and a gyro, Greek wine and I can't forget the delicious Loukoumades!

While watching the wonderful Greek folk dancing, I had the opportunity to meet many Greek residents from the Toronto-Danforth area and from across Toronto. I also had the honour of meeting Mr. Dimitris Azemopoulos, the Consul General of Greece, and the President of the Greek Community of Toronto, Mr. Nikonas Georgakopoulos.

I was also able to speak with Mayoral Candidate Rocco Rossi, members of his team from the Greek community and Rocco's parents!

It was a great event and I hope you will have the opportunity to attend one of the many Greek events coming up this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment